Main duties and responsibilities
Supervision of the meal presentation and service according to set standards in line with site arrangements
1. Compliance of menus established within the policies in the unit.
2. Ordering and checking of food in line with procedures.
3. Preparation and cooking of food to agreed specification.
4. Report on light equipment and cleaning material needs and maintain inventory records and assist in controlling usage.
5. Ensuring issues relating to maintenance and care of premises and heavy equipment are reported.
6. Compliance with Health and safety policies and procedures, to include Equal Opportunities.
7. To manage staff duties through rotas.
1. Contribute to financial control of food, labor and non-food purchases in line with targets and to include adjustment of hours as required. Playing an active part in contributing ideas and solutions. Support in organizing and completing all the necessary records and controls, carrying out stock checks, costings and analysis sheets.
2. Legislation - to be aware of all legislation and support in achieving standards through monitoring, coaching staff and identifying issues e.g. Health & Safety, Food Safety, Food Hygiene,
3. Training – Contribute to identifying training needs to staff. Assist in training, coaching and development of staff where required in all practical areas to include; induction, policies and procedures e.g. Equal Opportunities Policy, No Smoking Policy, Customer Care, Investors in People.
4. To liaise with the Head of School, School Governors, consumer groups, Contracts Managers and other departmental staff where appropriate.
5. Required to be available for catering for weekend and evening school activities and special functions mounted by the school e.g. fund raining events, parents/teachers meetings and Governors meetings.
6. To be available for work during school holidays when leave entitlement is exhausted.
7. To attain hygiene training, commensurate with your duties.
8. To attend training courses as required.
9. To hold the Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
Minimum Job Requirements:
General education degree (GED);
Diploma in food & beverage Service.
Knowledge of good hygiene practices (Food Safety Management system) is essential. (HACCP).
Minimum 3 years experience in Food & Beverage department, or related work in food industry and 1 year experience in the same field in supervisory position.
Pleasant personality with professional appearance and passion for the hospitality industry
Proven ability to manage and direct a large multinational service team.
Should have a valid UAE driving license.
Enquiry e-mail address: