Keynote Roundup: Gemma Greenwood, Finding Your Niche
The Arabian Travel Market
Global Stage, Wednesday 27th April 2016
Missed moderator Gemma Greenwood, Director of Content Inc speaking about finding your niche in tourism with an expert panel? Not to worry, here’s an overview of the key points.
What was covered?
- A look at niche travel markets and how the industry can start specialising in these lucrative niche markets.
- The panel included Minor Hotel Group, Serendipity Tailormade, Abercrombie & Kent, Crystal Cruises and Emirates Holidays.
Why is this a hot topic?
- Today’s travel market is fiercely competitive, there are so many players in the mass market space.
- Unless you have the ability and technology to personalise it’s very difficult to compete.
- More and more operators are looking to specialise and find niche markets that they can really focus on, finding customers that want experiences and authenticity, then provide great service and expertise in that specific area.
What were the key points?
- The important thing is to find a market that you are interested in and there is customer demand for.
- Follow your heart if you believe there’s a market that can work, that you love and can provide expertise in, then you are on to a winner.
How do you see this topic developing over the next 12 to 18 months?
- Social media and advocacy will be key; selfies, tweets, peer to peer interaction is what we look to for recommendation rather than brands.
- The way forward is to encourage those conversations about your products.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
You can watch Gemma and her panel here >
Alternatively, you can listen to Gemma moderate the full panel session or download the podcast from Itunes below.