If you are exhibiting at Arabian Travel Market, then you’ll want to ensure you will be the best “bang for your buck” from your stand investment.
Here are 15 ways in which social media can help you maximise return:
1. Follow & engage with the official event twitter account @ATMDubai, they’re real people too! They will love to see you talking about how excited you are about the event and will probably share your tweets in return
2. Monitor the official hashtag #ATM2014 for the event and watch out for any opportunities to engage with like-minded stand holders & sponsors who may also be happy to spread your message
3. Decide on ONE simple incentive to encourage visitors to your stand and promote it via eMarketing, word-of-mouth & social media – avoid over-complication
4. Be helpful: If you know ATM & Dubai well, then give your audience some interesting tips and ideas on how to make the most of the event
5. Invite via Twitter or LinkedIn: If you want to meet certain people at ATM, who you haven’t met before, then social media is often a better approach than simple email.
6. Don’t be boring: Instead of asking people to come to your stand, tell them WHY they should come to your stand
7. Think outside the event: It’s not just about the physical event; many will be following online
8. Planned posts: Take time to schedule posts to go out during the event day, rather that struggle to post updates on the fly
9. Stand photo: Take a photo of your stand on day one before the doors open. Include your smiling team and include a welcoming message. There’s a good chance this will be re-tweeted by people & the official show account
10. Monitor live tweets: Looking for people talking about the show and invite them along. You’ll be surprised how many do. Visitors are often looking for a good reason to stop by and will respond well to a personal invitation
11. Be fun: Look for interesting things to tweet about and always include a photo. You’ll get more benefit from tweeting one funny or interesting photo than a hundred “come and visit us” tweets – as long as you use the official hashtag
12. Take-aways: After each ATM day closes, post about your key take-aways from the day (I’d suggest via Twitter and the ATM LinkedIn Group). People often catch-up with the day’s events on the way home from an event so this is a great time to be active
13. Recycle: Follow up with photos and videos from the event in the days that follow
14. Blog: consider writing a blog about the event or maybe create a ‘Storify’ – an online story of the event from your perspective.
15. Review the event-day hashtag activity: you’ll pick up important trade information that you missed PLUS you can see who’s influential and follow/engage with them in the future.